Sing with Anniversary Choir on May 20!
Have you sung in choir any time during the 40-year history of Abiding Presence? Know anyone else who has? We're going to make our 40th Anniversary Festival Service at 10:00 a.m. on May 20 an opportunity for a giant music ministry REUNION! Spread the word, and see below for more info and music selections. You can even sing in Anniversary Choir if you've never sung before!
What are we singing?
In addition to leading the congregational singing, we will also be sharing two pieces during worship:
- "The Church's One Foundation" arranged by Paul Manz. Click here to view a preview of the sheet music (PDF) and click here to listen to a recording to prepare.
- "Abide with Us," by David Chavez
The congregational songs are as follows. Click the titles to view sheet music or listen to a recording. Titles marked by an * are going to be primarily led by the praise band, though choir is welcomed and encouraged to join in the singing!
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- A Mighty Fortress
- The Strife Is O'er (verse 1)
- *Amazing Grace (in 4/4 time) with Your Grace Is Enough
- Holy, Holy, Holy (Sanctus) by Schubert
- At the Lamb's High Feast
- *You Brought me Back to Life
- *Let the Fire Fall
- *This Little Light of Mine!
- Lift High the Cross, arr. Hopson [click here for choir parts]
When are we rehearsing?
Please come to at least one (or both) of the following rehearsals:
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. (until 9:00 p.m.) in the Sanctuary
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (until 10:10 a.m.) in the Sanctuary
On May 20, we will gather at 8:45 a.m. prior to the start of the festival service at 10:00 a.m. Plan to get to Abiding Presence (directions) a little before 8:45 a.m. to find parking. For a more detailed schedule of all musical activities (including orchestra, etc.) that weekend, click here and feel free to share!
What are we wearing?
Since we hope to have a lot of singers, we won't wear choir robes. Everyone is asked to please dress nicely (decent slacks/shirt or dress) and include something red for Pentecost! The red can be a tie, an accessory, or as much of your outfit as you like!
Do we need to bring choir folders/binders?
Not necessary, but if you have one you prefer feel free to bring it. We will provide sturdy black binders for all who need them.
Who do I ask if I have questions?
David Chavez, Music & Worship Minister. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org