Abiding Presence Food Ministry
The Abiding Presence Food Ministry was started as a way to respond to the needs of those facing short-term and long-term hunger in our community.
AP Food Pantry
The AP Food Pantry is open every 4th Saturday of the month from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and is located in the church Fellowship Hall. There are no eligibility requirements for people to receive food. Guests are allowed to pick out items from the food pantry that will best meet their family’s needs. Ways for people to serve include:
- Donating non-perishable food
- Volunteering on the 4th Saturday of the month
- Working behind the scenes stocking, categorizing, etc.
- Shopping for food pantry items
Children’s Weekend Food Program
The Children's Weekend Meal Program (CWMP) provides a bag of food each Friday to 75 children at a local Springfield elementary school who are struggling with food insecurity.
The bag contains meals and snacks helping to bridge the gap over the weekend until meals can be provided at school. Ways for people to serve include:
- Donating items needed for the bags
- Shopping for needed items
- Forming a service team to pack the bags
- Delivering bags to the school